lossing values when copying a sheet into a new workbook

BX

Board Regular
Hi
I have a created a model and have a worksheet for the output statistics. What I'm trying to do is change some parameters in the model and then copy the output stat. worksheet into a new workbook. This I can do, copy worksheet, put into a new workbook. However, I would like it so the values remain, it seems when I change something in the parameters of the original workbook that my copied sheet in the new workbook also changes. I would like it so it copys the page and the values don't change when I put it into the new workbook.
Ex. Original Workbook: Output stat page
Copy Output stat page: into New Workbook
Change original workbook parameters....but have it so the "output stat page" in the NEW workbook does NOT change.
Sorry, if this is too long and confusing. Any help you could provide on solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, have a great day.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Maybe this will clarify what I mean.
If I copy a page with a graph into another workbook(workbook "b"). Then, I change some values in the original workbook, the graph in workbook "b" will also change. I don't want this. How do I get so the page i originally copied is "fixed" and does not change.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Maybe this will clarify what I mean.
If I copy a page with a graph into another workbook(workbook "b"). Then, I change some values in the original workbook, the graph in workbook "b" will also change. I don't want this. How do I get so the page i originally copied is "fixed" and does not change.
Thanks

Upvote 0
This is a long way around it but it works.

Copy the chart to Word. Copy the Chart from Word and paste it back in Excel. This cuts the links.

If you need to capture values in a table use Paste Special > Values.

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly, I need to copy an entire page (numerous times), does anyone know how to do this for an entire page.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back