Macro code to copy cell color to another cell if condition is met

hamkham93

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi. I'm new to VBA and I'm need help to create a code for tracking a recurring task on a schedule at different frequencies.

1- I used Excel formula to generate a color value for the colors I am using.
2- Using row 5 as an example.
  • If row 5 (Area1) contains the color value "42" (blue) it should copy the cell same color, move it 31 cells to the right and paste blue color (which should be cell AG5 - I copied it manually for the example)
  • I would like to the code to do this for any of the 4 colors listed for rows 5 to 9
Thank you in advance!

sheet.PNG

Well, what I have so far was written on the understanding that each of the five rows would have a specific colour somewhere. Not necessarily 5 different colours, but you would not be putting a blue in row 5 one time, and maybe next time in that row it would be yellow. If that's what you're doing, what I have won't work.

I think you're incorrect regarding what I said about H6 because you don't know about the difference between UsedRange vs the last cell in a range that has data. They are not the same thing. I was only complaining about (AFAIK) the impossibility of finding the UsedRange for a particular row. It is based on all rows. It should not be a problem, I think.

I'm basing my code on this:
- row 5 uses blue and blue only, 6 uses only yellow, 8 uses only orange, brown I still don't know where after 10 posts
- code finds last cell in a row that uses its specific row colour and based on a number for that colour, offsets and shades a cell that far to the right
- it does that each time for ALL rows which I now suspect that is not what you want.

I only wish you could nail down what happens and where, because now that image shows yellow in row 5 but you 1st post shows it was using blue.
IMO, maintenance tracking is a job for a database, but that's another can of worms I guess.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Based on your code bullet points, that's a good starting point. I would appreciate it if you post the code. I will start with it and see how I can change it after I do some research (maybe change the idea of my sheet to run based on your code).

Yes, maintenance tracking is a database, I am doing all this for a temporary solution till I get some database that can do this automatically. thank you

Upvote 0
Try this
VBA Code:
Sub wrw()
        Dim our, k, i As Long
        Dim lr As Long: lr = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
        Dim lc As Long: lc = Cells.Find("*", Cells(1, 1), , , xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Column

For k = 5 To lr
            For i = 2 To lc
                    our = Cells(k, i).Interior.ColorIndex
                    Select Case our
                    Case 40: Cells(k, i).Offset(0, 90).Interior.ColorIndex = 40: GoTo work
                    Case 42: Cells(k, i).Offset(0, 30).Interior.ColorIndex = 42: GoTo work
                    Case 6: Cells(k, i).Offset(0, 7).Interior.ColorIndex = 6: GoTo work
                    Case 44: Cells(k, i).Offset(0, 14).Interior.ColorIndex = 44: GoTo work
                    End Select
            Next i
work:
        Next k

End Sub

Upvote 0
Based on your code bullet points, that's a good starting point. I would appreciate it if you post the code. I will start with it and see how I can change it after I do some research (maybe change the idea of my sheet to run based on your code).
Colour numbers are what I got from what I used.
VBA Code:
Sub FindCellWithAcolour()
Dim rng As Range
Dim Lcol As Long, i As Integer, x As Integer

Lcol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns(ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.count).Column

For i = 5 To 9
    x = Lcol
    Do Until x < 2
        Select Case Cells(i, x).Interior.Color
            Case 14395790
                 Cells(i, x).Offset(0, 31).Interior.Color = 14395790
                 x = 2
            Case 65535
                 Cells(i, x).Offset(0, 7).Interior.Color = 65535
                 x = 2
            Case 24704
                 Cells(i, x).Offset(0, 9).Interior.Color = 24704 'make brown 90, not 9
                 x = 2
            Case 49407
                 Cells(i, x).Offset(0, 14).Interior.Color = 49407
                 x = 2
            End Select
         x = x - 1
     Loop
Next

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back