Macro/LOOKUP?

Gamermatt

Board Regular
Hey guys,

In column A I have a list of product numbers. In column B, I have a bigger list of product numbers that contains most of the product numbers in column A, and more. Then in column C, I have the corresponding prices to the product numbers in column B. I need lookup the each product number in column a in column b, then take the corresponding price and put it in column D. Although, some cells should be blank because there are some product numbers in column A that are not in column B.

Thanks in advanced.

Matt

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

macness

No macro needed:

You can use a vlookup like this

Code:
=if(isna(VLOOKUP(A1,$B$1:$C$20,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(A1,$B$1:$C$20,2,FALSE))
just change your range lookup for b1 to c whatever.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dilipsny

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...