Macros not displayed in "View Macros Box" Alt F8 Hoping someone can help.

jgoomster

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I haven't lost my Macros. I can open up VBA alt F11, and find and run any of my macros, but when i open up the view macros window (displayed in my screenshot) it is blank. I am able to toggle through the "macros in" dropdown box but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have been googling this problem and it doesn't seem common, but it is frustrating for me.

I have rebooted; I have also tried repairing office 365 to see if that would solve the problem.

I am not sure what I have done. I am good with excel but pretty novice with VBA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1632830432594.png

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Can you see any macros in the dialog in any workbooks that are open?

Upvote 0
no, and those macros were actually created after i ran into this issue.
I closed that workbook and dialog box now shows me none in any open workbooks, including personal.
and i guarantee you I have macros in another open workbook. below is a screenshot. Workbook open, vba to the right displaying some of the VBA code, window showing no results on open workbooks. I also get no results when I say this workbook. The only ones i was seeing previously were on a workbook with code written after this issue started, prior to that everything was blank.

1632841365373.png

Upvote 0
OK. Do all the workbooks actually appear listed in the dropdown in the macros dialog?

Upvote 0
All my open workbooks are displayed in the description dialog box, even personal. (see screenshot)
I have closed the one workbook with the new Macro's that actually do show up.

And they appear the same in the VBA project window. So I can still run any macro. I just need to go to the module and run from VBA, but it is this window which I used to use all the time that is giving me issues.

And I know we haven't resolved this yet, but let me thank you for taking the time to try and help. I am hopeful we can resolve this one.

1632848889464.png

Upvote 0
OK, so let's try and narrow this down a bit. Can you close down Excel completely, then hold down the Ctrl key and restart Excel, answering Yes to the prompt about safe mode. Then open a workbook with macros in it, and see if they appear in the dialog.

Upvote 0
I closed everything, opened excel in safe mode. I only have one file open and there are macros. I still get nothing in the view macros box. They are still present in the vba editor.

:(

no change

1632849977474.png

Upvote 0
Curious. I assume they used to appear there, so something must have changed on your system. What build of Excel are you on currently?

Upvote 0
14326.20404 and it is 365

And i feel like this happened after I was trying to stop a macro i ran by accident with ctrl break. Not sure if this is relevant or even the cause but it is the last thing I can remember out of the ordinary before I noticed this change.

1632851250712.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back