Making a price offer template, included dependent drop down lists which can be copy/pasted.

Knutta197

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello!

I've had this idea in my head for some time now, and finally I had some time to look into it.
After a couple of days searching for an existing solution, I realized I just might have to make my own.
This was easier said than done, and I am currently at the point where my lack of knowledge within the vast possibilities of Excel prevents progress.
I need help and/or pointers from individuals who have the knowledge I lack.

The idea behind this worksheet is to easily generate price offers for our costumers.
  • You choose a product from the drop down list.
  • You choose a vendor that sell chosen product from drop down list.
  • This will finally give you the price of the chosen product from chosen vendor, reffering to pricelist.
  • If a special price is given from vendor, this can be manually typed in and used to calculate price total instead of product price.
  • Relevant information about the product automatically updates based on product.
  • All product and vendor names are sorted alphabetically in dropdown list.
What I can't figure out:
  • How to get vendor list to correspond with product list when copy/pasting.
    • "Product 12" has 8 vendors offering this product, as "Product 2" only has 3, but vendor list displays 8.
  • How to get the manually typed in special price to "overrule" the product price when calculating total price.
  • How to get the relevant information to update automatically based on product.
My thoughts:
I'm not sure if I'm even slightly on the right track here. The solution might be something else entirely.
I'm a total beginner in Excel. What I've managed to set up so far are thanks to trial and error with "I wonder what this does" and YouTube. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two whilst getting help with this!

Link to worksheet.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hello again!

A little update regarding my "What I can't figure out:" list.
Figured out "How to get the manually typed in special price to "overrule" the product price when calculating total price.".
I will update the list.

I'll keep tinkering on my own while I wait for pointers/help from you guys. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back