Merge cells

bobaol

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have a question about merging cells in a row. Please consider the grid below, in a jpg image. So, in this situation, I want to merge A1 to K1, merge C2 and D2, merge H2 and I2, merge C3 to G3, merge H3 to K3. The blue cell, "Merge1Begin" is the start of the beginning a merged cell. For example, I want to merge c3 to g3 because it begins with Merge1Begin, then it has Merge2. So, I want C3 to G3 merged because of this pattern. I want to merge cells based on this pattern. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ExcelMerge.JPG
    ExcelMerge.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 21
Oh, one more note, i went and read the link about Center Across Selection. Wow, that is very interesting. I will give it a play. thanks again!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
there is one time when merging is required, such as presenting the data in a view that makes sense to the audience
One option for this situation is to do all your data entry and analysis without merged cells. Then add a sheet for presentation purposes that uses merged cells as needed, but all the cells are direct references to the cells on the other sheets. That isolates the merged cells from anywhere you are doing real work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwguy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back