Merging data from different workbooks based on a namedrange

sempera

Hi,
I have a problem which I cannot solve on my own. (in Excel 2007)
I am trying to merge data from different workbooks. I got to as fas as copying data from a specific column, but I would like something more advanced.

My data is divided in different named ranges (e.g. January, February, etc., I could rename them to something like table*, * meaning different number).

What I would like to do is automatically check all namedranges in each workbook (all workbooks have the same namedranges) and if in a column Price (5th column) there is numerical data in any of the cells in that 5th column, copy the whole content of that column (only what is inside namedrange) to a new summary workbook. They will be pasted to the next of each other.

If there is no numerical data in 5th column I would like to skip that namedrange and not copy/paste anything and go to the next one namedrange, when there are no ranges left go to the next file. ( I would also like to copy the name of the company – cell just above the price).

I've attached a sample data and a a summary of how it should look when it is done.

I am new to VBA so please bear with me.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patupaiarehe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back