Microsoft Date and Time Picker on 32 bit Excel 2013 - control not functioing as expected

ktielens

I just installed the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6) onto my Excel 2013 (32 bit). However, when I place it on my worksheet, something strange happens. To place it I perform the following steps:

Developer tab
Insert
ActiveEx more options
Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP6)
Draw the picker onto my form

When I click out of design mode to test the function, a duplicate of the picker shows up "floating" slightly above and to the left of A1 (does not matter where I placed the original control). This "floating" control is the only thing that allows me to pick a date or time. In addition there is a floating red circle around the current day, and another one randomly shows up next to the bottom line where it says "Today: XX/XX/XXXX". When I click out of design mode, the "floating" picker disappears, and the picker I actually placed is nonfunctioning.

The code for the picker is below.

Private Sub DTPicker21_CallbackKeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal CallbackField As String, CallbackDate As Date)

End Sub

This is a blank worksheet, so it has no other code. Does this indicate a problem with the installation or registration? Is this a known defect? Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
When I click out of design mode, the "floating" picker disappears, and the picker I actually placed is nonfunctioning.
Under the Developer Ribbon, in the XML section use "Expansion packs" to attach the "Microsoft Actions Pane 3"

Upvote 0
For every sheet or Template. I recently discovered trying to create a Template, which helps.
You could also change the default template(s) to include that to keep things simple in the long run.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anniewonder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back