Microsoft Excel - Custom Combination Bar Chart: Data Table

Manny74

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, as I create a custom combination bar chart, I want the bars to only display the compliance rate for each department.
And when I add a data table to my chart, I only want to show the # Hand Hygiene and Compliance Rate.
When I right click on the bars, click on select data, I deselect # Hand Hygiene and # Observations, but then it also removes these items from the data table.
Is there a way where I can see the bars as Compliance Rate while the data tables shows # Hand Hygiene and # Observations?

ABCD
1UNIT# HAND HYGIENE# OBSERVATIONSCOMPLIANCE RATE
2ICU12020060%
32ND FLOOR15520078%
44RD FLOOR17520088%
57TH FLOOR19520098%
6TOTAL64580081%

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
why are you calling this a custom combination chart if want only one data series displayed? But, you may need one given that you want two data series in a data table.

Upvote 0
hidden line on a combo chart:
1682755126384.png

Upvote 0
why are you calling this a custom combination chart if want only one data series displayed? But, you may need one given that you want two data series in a data table.
When I go to Combo, I see there are 4 charts to select:
Clustered Column - Line
Clustered Colum - Line on Secondary Axis
Stacked Area - Clustered Column
Custom Combination

I believe we chose Custom Combination.....But maybe I need select 1 of the other 3 chart types?

Upvote 0
I think that I did was two separate charts. And made everything in one chart transparent except the data table. Then moved the data table over top of the column chart.
But I don't know why it still has two vertical axes. Is the chart what you wanted?

I'm really unsure of your desire in the chart though. Is this a requirement from your higher ups?

Upvote 0
I think that I did was two separate charts. And made everything in one chart transparent except the data table. Then moved the data table over top of the column chart.
But I don't know why it still has two vertical axes. Is the chart what you wanted?

I'm really unsure of your desire in the chart though. Is this a requirement from your higher ups?

You are getting close...
I need the bars to be the Compliance Rate.
Then the table to display # Hand Hygiene and # Observations.

Upvote 0
@Manny74 , i apologize, i mispoke, I did not create two charts. But it is a combo, a column with line chart:
1683035995085.png

Upvote 0
observations added:
format no line and no markers.
1683036173550.png

Upvote 0
to "remove" the right secondary axis, change the FONT to WHITE (Or whatever color your chart background is:

1683036399296.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back