Microsoft Excel Pop-up opening behind the *.xlsm document

Pinaceous

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Day All,

I'm working with an Excel file, ie New Excel.xlsm which is providing this message box upon its opening:

Capture.jpg

My problem is, is that this message box pop-up remains in the background behind the Excel document and does not come forward, which is causing a lot of confusion to say the least!

Now, how do I through VBA, provide this pop-up to come forward, so the user can act upon it? &/or to suppress it from occuring?

Mind you this is only happening when the document is being opened.

Please let me know of your creative solution(s) to help solve this issue from happening.

Thank you!

Respectfully,
pinaceous

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
I am also facing same problem and its not only happening with vba forms I created, its also happening to other excel message box windows.. When I restarted windows and excel, the problem went away for a while, but retuned soon thereafter.

I guess it's an Excel bug. Very annoying..

I am using Mac+Parallels for excel. So one thing has helped me is that I now create a new desktop only for excel. That way to see the background windows is tad bit easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi mdd16,

That particular error I traced back to a subroutine that I was using, so in essence I was causing that error.

I was running a subroutine that dealt with modifying the DV Input Message.

Once I figured out that this subroutine was causing that error I had to get rid of it.

Try turning off any macros that you have in the AutoOpen to double check where that self-generated error message is coming from and let me know!

Thanks,
pinaceous

Upvote 0
Hi
I disabled the AutoOpen routine and problem still exists.

There is no error message as such.. But the message boxes for Update Links operation are appearing but not in front of the open file. Similarly from several of my macros I have message boxes and user forms that open as part of code execution. But those all appear behind the file. I am on Mac and If I do four finger swipe up I see the messages waiting for action there, but they are not visible as they should be.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue. I changed a registry key and the issue was resolved. Details in this thread. Knowledge Article View HCL - Customer Support
You are lucky.. mine still the same.. and it's not only an Excel problem, even windows own windows 😂 are hidden.. what an irony.

What's even more surprising is that the fault is erratic.. within moments of one user form not appearing, next time you click it opens in front.. then gone again next time.

Upvote 0
Sounds like that could be a challenge to troubleshoot. When I was troubleshooting for my own purposes, I did see a few threads that said to do a Windows Repair...but I never did see any confirmation as to whether or not that worked.

Upvote 0
The problem was apparently caused by Parallels. Had to pay ransom money by upgrading to next version and now all works fine. It almost like they seed such bugs and won't resolve until an upgrade is purchased.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back