Missing function

Mr930

I inherited a spreadsheet that calls a function named INTERP(). I have opened this in Excel 2007 and had no trouble, but in 2010 I get #NAME. I assumed there was some sort of add-in that was missing. An internet search produced no solid results other than there are a lot of custom functions floating around called INTERP(). The funny thing is, on my PC with Office 2007, there are NO add-ins active at all and it works. So I am wondering how this can work in one version of Excel and not another? Has anybody come across INTERP() before?

thanks
Fred Emmerich

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Did you look for COM Addins?
They are under the COM Addins option, not mixed with standard addins

Upvote 0
Are you sure it isn't a Custom Function built right into the Workbook itself (in a VBA module)?
If so, it might not work in 2010 if you have not enabled Macros/VBA or if it uses some VBA Reference Library you do not have available or have not selected (under VBA Editor -> Tools -> References). If you compare the selected references on your 2007 computer where it works to the selected references on your 2010 computer that does not work, you may notice a missing selection.

Upvote 0
Yes i did, I checked all types of add-ins. The PC with 2007 has no active add-ins at all. Very strange.

Upvote 0
Or a function in the Personal workbook?

Upvote 0
I checked and there are no functions in the personal workbook.
I also checked the VBA references, and the same 4 are checked in both 2007 and 2010, the only difference being the version number for the Excel and Office object libraries.

Upvote 0
Is there any VBA at all in the Workbook?
Did you check every single Module? Sometimes, I have seen people put fucntions in specific Worksheet modules instead of Standard ones.

Upvote 0
did you refresh calculations in the 2007 workbook after you opened it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LGVBPP

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back