Move all modules to a single module

Excelpromax123

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone. My file has a lot of Modules I want to move to a single Module. I need the Code to run automatically (I'm currently using Cut Paste over 40 Moudles which is very time consuming). Thank you
As the example shown below: Move all the code content of 3 Moudle 1,2,3 to Moudle Home. After moving, delete modules 1,2,3. The file only has 1 Module left. The only one is Home
1631966029622.png

As the example shown below: Move all the code content of 3 Moudle 1,2,3 to Moudle Home. After moving, delete modules 1,2,3. The file only has 1 Module left. The only one is Home

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I am not sure if this would be possible without a 3rd party app. Should be possible with UI Automation (I could read/write the code on a module using AutoIt for example. The module windows were already open though). Even another Excel macro could be used I would guess.

If you have just this workbook and, then "start copy pasting" would be my honest advice. :)

Upvote 0
You can do it like this.
Make sure you test this on a copy of your workbook first.
You also have to allow access to the objectmodel of the VBA-project. File --> trust center -> macro settings --> allow... at the bottom.

Create an empty module where you want the code to be copied to. Use that name at the place where "test" stands in the code below.

VBA Code:
Sub jec()
 For Each objMdl In ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents                                           'loop through VBcomponents
    If objMdl.Type = 1 And objMdl.Name <> "Module1" Then                                           'only copy if it's a module and not named as "module 1"
       With ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("test")                                                  'destination of all macro's
          .CodeModule.AddFromString objMdl.CodeModule.Lines(1, objMdl.CodeModule.CountOfLines)     'copy all lines from a module to the "test" module
       End With
    End If
 Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
You can do it like this.
Make sure you test this on a copy of your workbook first.
You also have to allow access to the objectmodel of the VBA-project. File --> trust center -> macro settings --> allow... at the bottom.

Create an empty module where you want the code to be copied to. Use that name at the place where "test" stands in the code below.

VBA Code:
Sub jec()
 For Each objMdl In ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents                                           'loop through VBcomponents
    If objMdl.Type = 1 And objMdl.Name <> "Module1" Then                                           'only copy if it's a module and not named as "module 1"
       With ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("test")                                                  'destination of all macro's
          .CodeModule.AddFromString objMdl.CodeModule.Lines(1, objMdl.CodeModule.CountOfLines)     'copy all lines from a module to the "test" module
       End With
    End If
 Next
End Sub

Thank you. Looks like the code is running wrong. Some module copy repeats many times. Thank you for correcting the code

1631973087227.png

Upvote 0
I guess the if check should be for "test" not "module1"

VBA Code:
If objMdl.Type = 1 And objMdl.Name <> "TEST" Then

As is you are not copying module1 and copying test onto itself.

Upvote 0
You have to run this macro in a new module. Afterwards you have to exclude that module in the code. So if only this macro is in Module1, it should work. Clear TEST and try again

@GOKHAN, indeed, something like that

Upvote 0
Bạn phải chạy macro này trong một mô-đun mới. Sau đó, bạn phải loại trừ mô-đun đó trong mã. Vì vậy, nếu chỉ có macro này trong Module1, nó sẽ hoạt động. Xóa TEST và thử lại

[USER = 20918] @GOKHAN [/ USER], thật vậy, tương tự như vậy

The code runs exactly as I intended. If you can add code to delete more Moudles 1,2,3, that would be great

VBA Code:
Sub jec() ' Nho tao 1 moudle dat ten la  ZXCVB dung chu Hoa
    If objMdl.Type = 1 And objMdl.Name <> "ZXCVB" Then                                           'only copy if it's a module and not named as "module 1"
       With ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("ZXCVB")                                                  'destination of all macro's
       End With
    End If
 Next
 ' Delete 1,2,3 . modules

End Sub

Upvote 0
thank you i noticed that. you can write more code to delete Modules 1,2,3 after completion
I guess the if check should be for "test" not "module1"

VBA Code:
If objMdl.Type = 1 And objMdl.Name <> "TEST" Then

As is you are not copying module1 and copying test onto itself.

Upvote 0
Again, test on a copy of your workbook.
You can adapt this code to your needs

VBA Code:
Sub jec()
 For Each objMdl In ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents
   If objMdl.Type = 1 And objMdl.Name <> "Module1" And objMdl.Name <> "Test" Then
    With ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Test")
       .CodeModule.AddFromString objMdl.CodeModule.Lines(1, objMdl.CodeModule.CountOfLines)
       ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Remove objMdl
    End With
  End If
 Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Again, test on a copy of your workbook.
You can adapt this code to your needs

VBA Code:
Sub jec()
 For Each objMdl In ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents
   If objMdl.Type = 1 And objMdl.Name <> "Module1" And objMdl.Name <> "Test" Then
    With ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents("Test")
       .CodeModule.AddFromString objMdl.CodeModule.Lines(1, objMdl.CodeModule.CountOfLines)
       ThisWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Remove objMdl
    End With
  End If
 Next
End Sub

The code runs error. I see any Modules that are empty or named "Macro1" or "Macro2"... as error messages
1632037099671.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back