Move columns to the left every new day

04herrs

I have dates that will move to the left every day. There is data that pertains to those dates. How do I get the data to move with the dates?

thank you

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I have dates that will move to the left every day. There is data that pertains to those dates. How do I get the data to move with the dates?

thank you

also, how are you moving the dates? Formula or VBA? Every little bit helps.

Upvote 0
In one cell I have =today() and then the other cells reference that (=startdate) and then a formula that pluses off of each day to get me out to a week ahead (=b8+1) (=d8+1) and so on. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
In one cell I have =today() and then the other cells reference that (=startdate) and then a formula that pluses off of each day to get me out to a week ahead (=b8+1) (=d8+1) and so on. Does that make sense?

I could spend hours guessing at where on your worksheet these items are located. But I won't do that. I will wait until you can describe where by column and row in Excel term like cell A1, B1, ect. that the data and formulas are located. When you can describe it so we can understand what your data looks like and how you currently manipulate it, then maybe we can offer some help.

Upvote 0
I could spend hours guessing at where on your worksheet these items are located. But I won't do that. I will wait until you can describe where by column and row in Excel term like cell A1, B1, ect. that the data and formulas are located. When you can describe it so we can understand what your data looks like and how you currently manipulate it, then maybe we can offer some help.

Sorry about the lack of information. The dates are in cells B&C8 (merged), D&E8(merged), F&G8(merged), H&I8(merged), J&K8(merged), L&M8(merged), and N&O8(merged). The contents from Cells B&C10-40 will correlate with the date in B&C8, and so on. So when the new date starts they will all shift over. I'm not the smartest with excel and I'm not sure what other information you will need but if you need more I will be more than willing to provide it.

Again Thank you!

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub ShiftData()
    Dim a
With Sheets("Weekly Task Schedule")
    a = .Cells(10, 4).Resize(31, 14).Value
    .Cells(10, 2).Resize(31, 14) = a
End With
End Sub
The issue will be triggering this when the date changes.

You need to provide links to other forums.

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub ShiftData()
    Dim a
With Sheets("Weekly Task Schedule")
    a = .Cells(10, 4).Resize(31, 14).Value
    .Cells(10, 2).Resize(31, 14) = a
End With
End Sub
The issue will be triggering this when the date changes.

You need to provide links to other forums.

a link for the file?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back