Moving cells from one tab to another

bradtheboywonder

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I know the title may not make sense, but this is what Im wanting to do:

* I'm trying to make a spreadsheet where each tab at the bottom is a day of the month (so 31 tabs in total) - This is the easiest part

* I now want to create a spreadsheet where I can enter date on say the 1st, then have a drop down box that have review dates (4 days, 7 days, 10 days), so when you click "4 Days" all the data from that row will move from the 1st to the 5th, thus meaning I can review it again in 4 days time.

I hope this not only makes sense, but is possible as well.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Welcome to MrExcel.

Why don't you put all your data on one worksheet with a column for the date? Then you can change any date and use Excel's built-in Sort and AutoFilter features to examine the data in any way you want.

Upvote 0
Welcome to MrExcel.

Why don't you put all your data on one worksheet with a column for the date? Then you can change any date and use Excel's built-in Sort and AutoFilter features to examine the data in any way you want.

Because that's the logical thing to do lol. I tried to sell that to them and they said no, that what they have pitched to me would suit them better.

So Im thinking, rather than move a row from one tab to another, is it easier/possible to get a macro that copies Row 1 (for example) and pastes that information into the last unused row in Tab 2?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back