Multi-Conditional Formula in Excel

lttardif73

Hello,

Appreciate any pointers/guidance why my multi-conditional formula in excel is not working in the below example.
Criteria
a. GA < today < EOL : Available, supported
b. EOL < today < EOSL : Not available, supported
c. Today >= EOSL : Not available, not supported

Sample data set
B1 = Today's Date = 2/23/2016
B4= GA = 4/1/2011
E4 = EOL = 1/19/2015
G4 = EOSL = 6/30/2020

Multi-Conditional Formula I created:-
=IF(AND(B4<$B$1<F4),"Available, supported",IF(AND(E4<$B$1<G4),"Not avaliable, supported",IF(AND($B$1>=G4),"Not available, not supported","ERROR")))

Result = ERROR (which is incorrect). Using the formula with the sample data set, my correct result should be 'Not available, supported'.

Can anyone share where my formula logic is not working? I've tried office support, your Excel Questions forum, google, bing, etc and still failing.

I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks much in advance!

Respectfully,
Excel Learner

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Apologies, here's the Multi-Conditional Formula I created:-
=IF(AND(B4<$B$1<F4),"Available, supported",IF(AND(E4<$B$1<G4),"Not avaliable, supported",IF(AND($B$1>=G4),"Not available, not supported","ERROR")))

Upvote 0
Hi,

Maybe you mean this:

=IF(AND(B4<$B$1,B4< G4),"Not available, not supported","ERROR")

if you mean B4 is smaller than B1 and smaller than G4.

Otherwise, let us know what you mean.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This might work for you:

=IF(B1 < B4,"ERROR",IF(B1 < E4,"Available, supported",IF(B1 < G4,"Not available, supported","Not available, not supported")))

This assumes the B4, E4, G4 dates are in ascending order.

One other note: the bulletin board software here interprets a < as an HTML tag. In order to make it print, and not lose the second half of your formula, you need to put spaces before and after any < in your formula.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Hi,

Yeah, just realized your formula got cut off, but from what I gather, this is what you're looking for, let us know if that's what you need. Don't know what's in F4 (since you didn't explain in your post), so can't test it.

=IF(AND(B4< $B$1,B4< F4),"Available, supported",IF(OR(AND(E4< $B$1,E4< G4),$B$1>=G4),"Not avaliable, supported","ERROR"))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

Sorry, ignore my last post, this should be the correct version:

=IF(AND(B4<$B$1,B4< F4),"Available, supported",IF(AND(E4<$B$1,E4< G4),"Not avaliable, supported",IF($B$1>=G4,"Not available, not supported","ERROR")))

Upvote 0
Hello Eric,

Firstly, thanks much for the prompt response. Your formula helped! Secondly, I finally realized why my formula was not fully copied onto my original forum thread and your explanation in your thread is good insight on my next forum post.

My bad on F4, It was typed in error. It should reference E4. The formula you provided worked on 80% of my data set. The issue is the first criteria (I believe).
a. GA < today < EOL : Available, supported
Which you had broken out the logic in 2-folds.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back