Multiple Charts that Respond to Custom Filters?

binar

Board Regular
Fellow Forum Members,
I'm using Excel 2007 and my objective is to setup a trading log that tracks my performance with charts that dynamically update to applied custom date range filters. The link below shows screenshots of what I'm trying to emulate with Excel 2007.

http://www.fxtraderlog.com/screenshots.htm

I have all my trading data laid out in a tabular format simlar to what is shown in the top screenshot. My tabular layout differs in that it includes 4 additional columns. My chronological data layout I'm using seems to be troublesome for conventional Excel charting methods.

Evenmore, when I apply custom filters for open dates and close dates, my Excel charts do not dynamically react. What I have determined is that I need to bypass the conventional charting methods used in Excel and focus instead on using Charts that rely on a VBA script or a formula. My objective is to have multiple charts (like the ones shown in the screenshots link above) all using the same data nested in my tabular trading log.

Can anyone out there help me out with setting up Charts that are more robust? I would appreciate example scripts and / links that will show me how to setup charts that dynamically react to custom Excel Filters, and can group together matching data sets in a column and show such data sets as a single slice in a pie chart. Currently, I'm getting multiple pie slices for the same data set. I need a formula or a VBA script that will clump together all of the data that belongs in the same group and show it as a single slice in a pie chart.

Any help that will help me get past these two hurdles will be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back