Multiple font sizes in one cell

merlin_the_magician

Riddle me this.... riddle me that...

I have a formula in cell J10 that looks like this:
=TEKST.SAMENVOEGEN("Depot ";M37;" ";M46;" ";M47)

note: i don't know the exact english call for "Tekst.samenvoegen" but it means something like " join text"

Works fine, but i want something more. Is there any way i can change the font size of the M46;" "; M47 part? If possible, i would like this part of the text to be displayed in a smaller font.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Morning, Merl

As long as it's text, not a formula, just highlight the section of text up in the formula bar, and use the drop down font selector to set the font size for the selection. You can also format the selection any other way you would normally format a cell, i.e. bold, italic, etc. Well, o.k., you can't format it to etc.

Upvote 0
Ya.... i know that.
Problem is, it is not text, as you can see. I cannot just fix it into two cells, since M37 can vary in length. If i do fix it in multiple cells, the M37 value will overwrite other cells.

Upvote 0
I don't think you'll be able to do this via a worksheet function, as they only return values not formatting. The following code should work OK, however it will need to turn the cell value into text, overwriting the formulas. In summary, I don't think there's a really acceptable way of doing this-
Code:
Sub ChangeFontSize()
Dim intPosition As Integer

' Find position of first space after "Depot "
intPosition = InStr(7, ActiveCell.Value, " ")

' If not found then exit
If Not intPosition Then Exit Sub

' Convert formula to text
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Text

' Make all text after "Depot " into font size 8
ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=intPosition, _
Length:=Len(ActiveCell.Value) - intPosition + 1).Font.Size = 8

End Sub

Upvote 0
MudFace,

this is going a while back. Your code works if I delete the 'If not found bit', otherwise it seems to loop back to the start, even when I have the character it's looking for in the cell. Are you able to help explain how to avoid this.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I am afraid you can not do this as long as there is a formula involved, but there can be a workaround if you copy/paste the cells to have different formats into another column as value and perform formatting there, see this video.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
easperhe29

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back