Multiple Match to Different Tables to Return "Not Paid" or "Paid" Response?

olimits7

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have the following formula that works to return a "Not Paid" or "Paid" response, however, I need to add another match criteria if it returns "Not Paid" to look up another data set and then either return "Not Paid" or "Paid" based on second match.

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-A.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),"NOT PAID","PAID")

So, if "Not Paid" is returned then I would like to do another match in "[FILE-B.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K" and then return "Not Paid" or "Paid" depending on if it matches or not.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Please try the following formula:
Excel Formula:
=IF(IFERROR(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-A.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),0)<>0,"PAID",IF(IFERROR(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-B.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),0)<>0,"PAID","NOT PAID"))

Upvote 0
Another option
Excel Formula:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-A.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),IF(ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-B.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),"NOT PAID","PAID"))

Upvote 0
Unfortunately neither of those 2 formulas work.
@GuzmanServices has the Iferror parenthesis in the wrong place and formula can't be entered, it should be:
Excel Formula:
=IF(IFERROR(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-A.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0),0)<>0,"PAID",IF(IFERROR(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-B.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0),0)<>0,"PAID","NOT PAID"))

@Fluff doesn't have a false condition for the first if statement and if found in the FILE-A produces the result of FALSE.
Try this instead:
Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-A.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-B.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0))),"NOT PAID","PAID")

Upvote 1
Solution
I ended up using something like this and it seems to work but it's a bit long and convoluted.

Excel Formula:
=IF(IF(ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-A.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),"NOT PAID","PAID")="NOT PAID",IF(ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-B.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),"NOT PAID","PAID"),"PAID")

I ended up using the following formula because it was a lot cleaner than my formula. Lol.

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-A.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0)),ISNA(MATCH(E1,'[FILE-B.XLSX]DATA'!$K:$K,0))),"NOT PAID","PAID")

Thank you everyone for your help with this! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back