Multiple Tiers by Member Question

Mgarcia8878

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry if this question has been asked before. I apologize as I am new to this community. I'm trying to create a workbook where I can grab the row of ranges that are specific to a member's calc. This would be similar to a vlookup of the Member's ID. In the example below, member XYZ has its own start and end ranges as well as it own rates. I'm currently using a SUMPRODUCT formula, however it is tied specifically to the row for that member. Is there a way to have the range driven by the Member's ID?

xyz's formula = SUMPRODUCT((B2<='Rate Tab'!F2:I2)* (B2>'Rate Tab'!B2:E2)* (B2- 'Rate Tab'!B2:E2)* 'Rate Tab'!J2:M2)+ SUMPRODUCT(((B2>'Rate Tab'!F2:I2)* ('Rate Tab'!F2:I2-'Rate Tab'!B2:E2))* 'Rate Tab'!J2:M2)
abc's formula = SUMPRODUCT((B3<='Rate Tab'!F3:I3)* (B3>'Rate Tab'!B3:E3)* (B3- 'Rate Tab'!B3:E3)* 'Rate Tab'!J3:M3)+ SUMPRODUCT(((B3>'Rate Tab'!F3:I3)* ('Rate Tab'!F3:I3-'Rate Tab'!B3:E3))* 'Rate Tab'!J3:M3)

Calc Sheet:
1666929740640.png

Rate Tab:
1666929759110.png

Thank you Dave. I think this inspired me to just pull the ranges from the rate tab using a Vlookup. I think that is the simplest solution.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
"I think this inspired me to just pull the ranges from the rate tab using a Vlookup. I think that is the simplest solution."

Please show the formula that you decided to use.

N.B. We do not have full information on your data or your business requirements.
If you must use the Rate Tab even though there are 16384 columns available, there is another approach.

Upvote 0
Actually that was the solution I went with. No reason why I can’t v lookup the tiers back to the call sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lantern

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back