My First Add In. Having Issues

bdunk

I am playing around with Excel Add Ins. I created my first one and placed the .xla file in the Add Ins as instructed. I see the Add In in the Add Ins selection window when you go Tools - Add Ins. I have selected the check box next to my Add In to activate it. My question is how do I now execute my Add In. Do I have to make a custom toolbar button? I have tried this and cannnot get the Add In to fire.

Thanks

Bdunk

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

bdunk

Add In troubles

My Add In is this:

Sub Delete_Part_Qty1()
With Columns(3)
.Replace what:="1", replacement:="", LookAt:=xlWhole
.SpecialCells(4).EntireRow.Delete
End With
End Sub

This will look in Column three for anything that has a 1 or nothing and delete the whole row.

What I want to do is send this macro/Add In to other users. The way I made my Add In was i created a new blank workbook, pasted my code into the VB editor for sheet 1 of the new blank workbook, saved it as an .xla file.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks

bdunk

Add Ins

No, It is not displayed in the macro list. Is there a way to apply my Add In to my Personal.xls file. The macros I see are all for the Personal.xls file.

Bdunk

Jay Petrulis

MrExcel MVP
Macros within an add-in file are not viewable in the Tools>Macro>Macros view. The most common way to run them is to have an option on either an existing toolbar or add a new one.

This should be done when the add-in is loaded (Workbook_Open or Auto_Open events) and should be deleted if the add-in is uninstalled.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brawler