Named ranges, inserting columns and VLOOKUP's

getafix40

Hi

I am battling with named ranges, inserting columns and VLOOKUP's all living together in harmony.

My main workbook is called Figure the Deal2.xlsm (FTD2.xlsm) and the sheet populated with data is called StockSheet

The columns run from A1 to AI and each are labelled.

Column A1 named STOCK is populated with stock number of motor vehicles on hand and the range is A2 to A6999

The named ranges are:

STOCK which references to =OFFSET(StockSheet!$A$2,,,COUNTA(StockSheet!$A:$A)-1)
ColumnLabels which references to =OFFSET(StockSheet!$A$1,,,,COUNTA(StockSheet!$1:$1))
TABLE which references to =OFFSET(StockSheet!$A$2,,,COUNTA(StockSheet!$A:$A)-1,COUNTA(StockSheet!$1:$1))

In the main workbook (FTD2.xlsm) there is a sheet called JobcardTemplate.
Here there are various cells that input data via VLOOKUP accessing StockSheet. EG, =VLOOKUP($I$4,Table,MATCH(StockSheet!D1,ColumnLabel,0),0)
Cell I4 is a list box with data validation which access the stock numbers.

If I insert a column into StockSheet, the VLOOKUP formula corrects itself and the data is correct.

HOWEVER, all vehicle stock cards are stored in a folder called Job Cards. Each is a file layout is an exact copy of the StockCardTemplate except for the data which changes via the data validation cell.

The problem is that if I input a column in StockSheet, the formulas in each stock card file doesnt change and thus the data is incorrect.

If I look at the the named ranges in each file they reference back to the StockSheet in FTD2.xslm via the correct path
EG, TABLE references to =OFFSET('[Figure the deal2.xlsm]StockSheet'!$A$2,,,COUNTA('[Figure the deal2.xlsm]StockSheet'!$A:$A)-1,COUNTA('[Figure the deal2.xlsm]StockSheet'!$1:$1))

Please can someone help as this is a work in progress and if changes are made to the main workbook, it has to populate to all the other files.

Regards

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back