Nate Oliver

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
This is terrible news and my thoughts are with Nate's friends and family. Nate and I had many discussions in the earlier days of mrexcel - some of those discussions became a little heated and I am not proud of some of the things I said. However, when I did later apologise for my behaviour Nate was a true gentleman, accepted the apology and moved on with no further mention of what had been said. He had an enquiring mind and a positive attittude and I certainly learnt plenty of stuff from him and from the discussions that he started and participated in. RIP Nate.

Thanks for letting us know Smitty, and thanks Greg for your thoughtful post.

Dan

He was. His parents and he and his twin sister, Nicole, emigrated to the U.S. in '92.
The last exchange I had with him (in the Lounge, on the Guitarist thread) Nate said he was heading back to Canada for a holiday, and looking forward to catching up with family.

Denis

it is sad news
i spent a lot of time talking to him via facebook, he was a great person
i will miss him
i am feel so sad for this news
my condolences to his family and friends

There is a beautiful tribute to Excel MVP Nate Oliver and Publisher MVP Mary Sauer written by Microsoft posted here:
http://www.accessmvp.com/Nate

Memorial Information
Memorial visitation Saturday, December 17 from 4-6 PM, with a reception to follow at Washburn-McReavy Edina Chapel in Minneapolis, 952-920-3996, West 50th St. & Hwy 100.
Here’s a link to Nate's Obituary in the StarTribune (with a place for comments).

_

Crystal, thanks for that link. But - inquiring minds want to know - when did Tom Urtis change his name to "Tom Atlas"? :biggrin:

Nate's Brother-In-Law, Adam, just gave me the information for anyone who wants to contribute something in Nate's name:

Paul and Lynda have picked a charity for people to donate to in Nate's honor. We would like people to donate to the Courage Center. Here is a link:
http://www.couragecenter.org/

They help people with disabilities and rehabilitation. Its a local MN charity, one of Nicole and Nathan's friend's dad worked there for many years.

Crystal, would you let everyone at UtterAccess know?

inquiring minds want to know - when did Tom Urtis change his name to "Tom Atlas"? :biggrin:

Ahem...That's MR. Atlas to you.

But seriously, there have been quite a wonderful collection of heartfelt tributes to Nate around the web as we've seen, and probably others we haven't seen yet, all having been touched by this sad loss. Amazing how far and wide one person's positive impact can be in this age of instant & ubiquitous information. A reminder to me at least, how every newsgroup comment, or tweet, or blog post can slowly build, or quickly diminish everyone's perceived image of who you are.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back