Nate Oliver

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Has it really been a year already? Seems like it just happened a few months ago...
I picture him up in heaven sharing a beer with Einstein and other great thinkers.
Cheers! We sure do miss you around these parts...

Nate was an inspiration; and thanks to this board and others I'm sure he continues to inspire others still.

To Nate (y)

Thanks, Tom. I cannot believe it has been an entire year! Wow. Indeed, as I read the scores the last two weeks where the Vikings lost back-to-back games to NFC-North rivals, the Packers & the Bears, I have to say that I was imagining Nate shaking his head and muttering "What! Why is He answering the prayers of Packers & Bears fans? I'm right here now! He needs to be helping my Vikings!"

Nate was an inspiration; and thanks to this board and others I'm sure he continues to inspire others still.

To Nate (y)

I was a bit late on the board to have any real dealings with Nate but it was only the other day that I was reading a thread where he was gave a different approach in to a problem and was told he was giving more information than necessary for the question. :confused:

As in every other post I have seen by Nate in response he put across his reasons for making the post calmly, politely and with great consideration for other peoples opinions.

He always struck me as a true gent and yes he does continue to inspire others still (well at least me).

I hope his family do take some comfort from the way myself and others appreciate his many contributions to the board.

I know I'm late in arriving to this memorial but I just found out that NateO, a giant among us, had passed away. When it comes to Excel I am a know-nothing nobody; but that, as I came to discover, was precisely the price of admission to be somebody to Nate Oliver.

I have often wondered if the relationships we cultivate here in the cyberworld can actually generate similar senses to those we cultivate in the real-world, by the measure of the sadness I felt upon hearing the news of Nate's passing, I now have my answer.

Thank You Nate - for everything!

RT91

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back