Need a formula to find Difference

kittymongo

Hello,

I have large datasets from a production database to compare to a test database. These are based by state and the data under each state. I need a formula to use in a pivot table to compare the data to show the count and which data is missing. The example below has 4 variables. AK (Alaska) should be total count in Prod plus total count in Data A Turn on in Test Environment minus the total count in Data A Turn Off in Test Environment - this should equal the total count in Stage (last column). If there is a difference, how can I show what the difference is via formula? The difference I want to see is the details under each state (the AAAA, AAAB, AAAC, etc are the details for the listed state). Each state has its own set of data points under it and could be missing one or several of those data points.

If you need more explanation, please let me know. Any help is appreciated. Each state has hundreds of data points and we just need to see what doesn't match up. Thank you.

ProdData A Turn On in Test EnvironmentData A Turn Off in Test EnvironmentStage
State and Data ACount of Data AState and Data ACount of Data AState and Data ACount of Data AState and Data ACount of Data A
AK
532​
AK
164​
AK
128​
AK
568​
AL
560​
AL
635​
AL
548​
AL
644​
AAAA
1​
AAAA
1​
AAAADE
1​
AAAADE
1​
AAAB
1​
AAAB
1​
AAAB
1​
AAAB
1​
AAAC
1​
AAAC
1​
AAAC
1​
AAAC123
1​
AAAD
1​
AAAD
1​
AAAD
1​
AAAD
1​
AAAE
1​
AAAE
1​
AAAE
1​
AAAE
1​

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
So, basically, you have totals and details in the same list every time? That is not logical.

Upvote 0
So, basically, you have totals and details in the same list every time? That is not logical.
We could split it up by state if we need to. But it would be nice to have a formula to locate the differences. Each state has hundreds of data in it. It takes too long to go through each manually when we compare. Any advice on how to streamline this? I'm open to all and any ideas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back