Need a macro to copy from one sheet in a workbook to a master sheet.

RandyBlank

Hi, I am a new member and looking forward to learning some new ways to manage Excel through this forum. I am very new to writing macros, so please write your responses for DUMMIES :eek:

I am learning to speak a foreign language and have been using Excel to track the dictionary of words I have learned in their appropriate category of verbs, adverbs, nouns, and etc. I would like a macro to pull information out of each worksheet and combine it into a master worksheet that categorizes the information based on its original worksheet's title. However, I prefer not to include the first row of any worksheet to carry over as it is only header information.

The way I built the worksheet allows me to test myself by me selecting and hiding either the "English" or "Nepali" column so I can fill out the appropriate blank translation column next to the words. It isn't the best way to test myself perhaps, but it is a way to do it. (I am open to suggestions for better methods). When I type my answers I get a simple YES or NO response to reflect if my answer is correct. That is great for single focused effort. But for my final exam, I would like to build a macro to combine all the information into a single worksheet (and keep track of the word count in my language dictionary). It would be great if the macro automatically updates the master listing as I learn new words, but that may be a bridge too far this early in my Excel learning stage.

My worksheets are titled, "Verbs", "Nouns", "Adverbs", "Adjectives", and etc.

Each worksheet is setup with the following Column Headers: "Nepali", "English", "Translate to English", and "Translate to Nepali". The "Translate to English" and "Translate to Nepali" columns are blank for me to fill in the missing information. Between the "Translate to English" and "Translate to Nepali" columns and immediately following the "Translate to Nepali" column are columns with a simple if/then formula testing if my answer is correct against the hidden column. It simply returns a "yes" or "no" response. Unfortunately, my answers have to be typed exactly correct or it will return a "no" answer even though I had a simple misspelling error. If anyone knows a formula that will accept minor typos or spelling errors, that would be AWESOME too.<if someone="" knows="" a="" formula="" that="" will="" allow="" minor="" spelling="" errors,="" would="" be="" great="" too!)

If anyone needs further information to help with this macro, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your willingness to take on this challenge.</if>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back