Need help projecting revenue across a normal distribution of days on a calendar

mneely

My first post, so sorry for the format of question if wrong.

I have created a (in Excel 2010) basic rolling calendar on which I project revenue recognition splits based on in-bound work mix. Projects come in about 14 types, each type has a fixed price, and the total ordered projects each day is in the hundreds typically spanning 6 to 10 of the projects types. I use historical completion averages for each type to project the revenue value of each days case mix onto a calendar. (see example image below). Revenue accumulating on each forecast date is then totaled up for monthly projections, etc. My crude method places all of the projected revenue onto a single future date (daily values can exceed 100K per project type) while the true completion times vary plus or minus 10 days so for more accurate forecasting I need to take each projected value and split it over 20 days or so using the current projected calendar date as the center point of the curve.

I need help applying the right formulas to the right cells to make this distribution happen. Can anyone help with this, as I am an Excel novice.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back