Need help with formulas

SallyHBowman

I have an excel 2007 document which I created a survey with questions and yes/no answers. After creation, I was asked to add a third option -- an "N/A" response. I added the N/A to the drop down menu for response options to the questions. However, by answering "No", I have formulas set to tally any no's, and if more than 86% of responses are no's, then this signals "non-compliance". I had all the formulas set up to run correctly, however, now that I have added the "N/A" response, I have been asked to make it so that N/A responses are not included in the percentage.

Each question tracks 10 responses. If, for instance, 5 responses to a question are yes, and 5 are no, obviously I have a 50% compliance. Therefore, if for those 10 responses I have 5 "yes", 4 "No", and one "N/A", the percentage should be out of 9 responses, not 10, since one is not applicable.

It is transitioning to this addition of the N/A option that I have gotten mixed up and the percentages calculated are not correct.

(P.S. The first section of this survey is calculating fine and no changes need to be made (questions II-1 through II-9 need no changes). The changes need to be made to Page 2 - Sample (questions III-1 through VIII-2). I have put my cdocument on Google Drive that I need help with. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I need to submit this ASAP and I am just stuck. Been googling and trying to figure this out since 11 PM last night. I need help....

DOCUMENT IS ON GOOGLE DRIVE. THIS IS THE LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9lqfn0NA-oEVkE5dWNFZmVfODg/view?usp=sharing

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back