Need help with syntax

dgardnerman

Board Regular
I'm trying to add some features to an existing formula so that if G/454= "ALLTHRD" "HDD_STUDS" "THRDD_STUDS" "DEFORMBARS" or "REBAR" are used in the drop down window, the target cell M/454 will display a blank and multiply O/454 by E/454.

Here is my current syntax and link to screenshot:

=IFERROR(IF(A454<>"x","",IF(G454="BOLT","",IF(I454="","",IF(G454="PLATE",(I454*K454/144*L454)*E454,IF(G454="GRATING","",IF(G454="DECKING","",(I454/12*L454)*E454)))))),"")

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4v9nd4byq679bh/Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 9.10.33 AM.png?dl=0

Last edited:
In your Post # 11, I Thought your understood my formula in Post # 10 (Not needing to Test Both List), since you've Changed Columns and Requirements, you can adapt it to:

Book1
J
Sheet354
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J1=IF(AND(A461="X",COUNTA(E461,M461,O461)=3),O461*IF(OR(G461={"Angle","Bar","Beam","Channel","Hss","Pipe","Plate"}),N461,F461),"")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
In your Post # 11, I Thought your understood my formula in Post # 10 (Not needing to Test Both List), since you've Changed Columns and Requirements, you can adapt it to:

J

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet354

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
J1=IF(AND(A461="X",COUNTA(E461,M461,O461)=3),O461*IF(OR(G461={"Angle","Bar","Beam","Channel","Hss","Pipe","Plate"}),N461,F461),"")

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

I modified it a bit to account for some changes...
It works good, but the last thing that I want to get rid of is #VALUE in column P.
I only seem to get it when column N goes blank.

Here is the revised test worksheet to look at:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndfen0dwdhrislx/test sheet-per post 21.xlsx?dl=0

Upvote 0
Based on your Latest upload, assuming E, M, and N would either be Blank or "" or numeric, use this in P4:

=IF(AND(A4="X",COUNT(E4,M4,N4)=3),E4*N4*IF(OR(G4={"Angle","Bar","Beam","Channel","Hss","Pipe","Plate"}),M4,1),"")

Upvote 0
Yes....and No...

when I take your
=IF(AND(A4="X",COUNT(E4,M4,N4)=3),E4*N4*IF......
and use
=IF(AND(A4="X"),E4*N4*IF.......

everything works as it should, however...
If I change col G (TYPE) then col M (X WT) goes blank (namely because col G & H have to line up to return a value in the LOOKUPTABLE to col L or the result is "") I get a #Value in col P

Upvote 0
You keep ignoring/removing part of my formula.

My formula is:

=IF(AND(A4="X",COUNT(E4,M4,N4)=3),E4*N4*IF(OR(G4={"Angle","Bar","Beam","Channel","Hss","Pipe","Plate"}),M4,1),"")

You've removed it in Post # 24, and Post # 22, WHY??
Leave that in, and you WON'T get #VALUE

Upvote 0
try changing col G to bolt after you have selected beam col G and selecting a designation in col H....you get a blank?
I removed your ,COUNT(E4,M4,N4)=3) and I got bolt back, but I have a #VALUE

Upvote 0
try changing col G to bolt after you have selected beam col G and selecting a designation in col H....you get a blank?
I removed your ,COUNT(E4,M4,N4)=3) and I got bolt back, but I have a #VALUE

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, my formula works perfectly fine for the 2 sample files you uploaded.
The sample files have NO drop downs, I manually changed the Values, works fine for me.

Upvote 0
Since when was L a part of this equation?

Again, as I told you in Post # 25, my formula:

Must be used WITH the part highlighted in RED

This part of the formula Tests if E, M, and N does NOT contain a Number, if ONE of these cells (E, M, N) does NOT contain a Number, the formula will result in BLANK, NOT #VALUE .

Upvote 0
Just noticed why you don't see the drop down, ran into the problem showing a friend on their machine...
You must have objects set not to show in preferences. I selected "show object" on my friends computer and the drop downs came back.

Can you look at the worksheet again and figure out why bolt's don't function?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back