Need Help

Cquake

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a few questions and hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to learn how to do some new things in excel and after searching on the net I was unable to find the right answer I was looking for. So with that being said here is a link to the spreadsheet I am working on the questions I have in regard to getting it to do what I want it to do.

LINK

1. I want the FB icon on the green field to move with the number I enter in either the Yardage gained or yardage lost box on the left right below the field instead of moving the ball manually. How do I assign a macro to do that for those entries or do I need to create a form button for that? If so how do I tell the button to move the ball? When Team B takes over possession how do I let the program know the ball now needs to move in the other direction on the field.

2. On the clock system in the center using a base of 15:00 per quarter how do I tell excel to move the clock down based upon my entry in the time elasped box? Once I do that I want to be able to select the yellow enter button to reset the Elasped time box for my next entry to deduct from the current time showing after my last entry. Do I need to create a macro for that, use VBA coding and if so what is the right commands for those options?

3. In the play selection boxes I am creating a list of plays to appear in each of those boxes to be random. What is the correct way to create a random system from a list to show up each of those boxes as each list will be indipendent of each other. How will I know the selections are truley random?

4. I want to create cards from the actual board game for use with the excel spreadsheets and want those to be random draws also. Once I create those cards in excel how do I create the spreadsheet to select the cards randomly. Much like a dice system uses a random rolling system. I know I will need to create those cards in a sheet of its own and then tie it to the sheet seen in the link I am just not sure how to tie them all together.

Most of the stat keeping data will be done manually since this is actually a board game I recently purchased but to make things easier and the desktop less crowded I wanted to transpose some of the things to the PC via Excel for easier use. If someone can help me out and get me going in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

EDIT: In regard to question 3, I want to be able to click on the Offense and Defense on the left to generate the new selections so I would need to know how to make it do that also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Welcome to the Board!

I think that you have asked for too much in one question. This board is designed to help people with specific problems. As such, it is usually better to break up your questions into single, specific focused questions, each in their own thread. Some people might look at your question and think "Gee I could help with issue #2 , but I have no idea on the other issues, so I am not going to respond".

If you are looking for someone to guide you through the whole entire process, then you probably really want to contact a consultant (which isn't free). MrExcel does offer consulting services, if you are interested in going that way (http://www.mrexcel.com/consult.html). Otherwise, try breaking up your issues into individual questions/threads.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back