Need some serious help here

rick0625

I am making a commissions planner. So that it is understood what is trying to be accomplished here I will explain how they work.

There is a set goal for the month...lets say that goal is 20. If we reach this goal of 20 then we get paid out at 100% payout. For arguements sake lets say that payout is $1000. Until we reach this quota we are paid out at the percentage that we have obtained up until that point.

15 * 75% = $750 payout, 20 * 100% = $1000 payout

Example being: I made it 75% of the way and ended the month with 15. I would have made three quarters of the full one thousand dollar potential.

Here comes the hard part. There is an attainment table that looks like this:

chartc.jpg

This table basically shows that until you hit over 124.99% of your goal you will not tier up and begin getting paid out at higher percentages.

ie: If you are looking at the chart above someone could go above and beyond their goal and reach 170% of goal and the pay out would be :

1000 * 250% = 2500

In this speadsheet I have it set up like this:

|weighted amount| goal | monthly total | % to goal |

|__ $1000______ | 20_ |____ 15_____ |__ 75%__ |

As the monthly total rises ( which it does on a daily basis ) I would like it to calculate what the payout would be based on the tiered attainment table above.

So up until 124.99% it would calculate off the base percentage of the amount thus far but after 124.99% it would start tiering based off of the chart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to excel formulas.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
so... you're trying to find out where a person fits in your tiers, then muliply the column C value by the dollar amount sold?

If that's the case, you want to use a lookup table. I'll explain it more if that's it.

Either way, welcome to the boards.

Upvote 0
so... you're trying to find out where a person fits in your tiers, then muliply the column C value by the dollar amount sold?

If that's the case, you want to use a lookup table. I'll explain it more if that's it.

Either way, welcome to the boards.

Not exactly...think of it more like I am a saleperson trying to make a speadsheet auto calculate my paycheck based on commissions. They scale with the attainment table and I would like Excel to auto calc the tiers as my sales approach the different percentages for the tiers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back