Need to add a fourth .autofilter when formula sends an error (explanation below)

Nlhicks

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using this right now and it works but, sometimes criteria 1 field 10=field11=field12 and then it will either return an error or will bring up only the first occurrence. For this occasion, I need to add a fourth .autofilter which you can see commented out below. If I leave it in, nothing gets returned because it is looking for all four values. The fourth criteria is only needed in rare occasions so I would not normally have someone enter a value into that cell unless they get an error with the three conditions they entered. That would be how they know that they need to supply the fourth condition. I am not sure how to write that so that it will work all the time with or without the fourth condition.

Sub FindRightCell()

With Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

.AutoFilter Field:=10, Criteria1:="*" & Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C5") & "*"
.AutoFilter Field:=11, Criteria1:="*" & Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C6") & "*"
.AutoFilter Field:=12, Criteria1:=Worksheets("Line Update").Range("C7")
'.AutoFilter field:=13, Criteria1:=Worksheets("Line Update").Range("F6")

End With

Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B11").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B2:B685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B12").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C2:C685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B13").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("D2:D685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B14").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("E2:E685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B15").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("F2:F685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B16").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("G2:G685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B17").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("H2:H685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)
Worksheets("Line Update").Range("B18").Value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("I2:I685").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible)

Dim LR As Long
LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Range("A2:P" & LR).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select

'With ActiveSheet.Worksheet("Sheet2").Rows("2:3").Select
With Selection.Interior
.Pattern = xlSolid
.PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.ColorIndex = 34
.TintAndShade = 0
.PatternTintAndShade = 0
End With

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Slight correction to above, I do not get an error when I do my autofiltering, excel actually pulls up all four rows but I only want it to pull up the right one via the fourth autofilter.

Upvote 0
I would simply wrap the fourth filter inside an IF statement, something like:

VBA Code:
If <certain condition is/isn't met> Then
    .AutoFilter field:=13, Criteria1:=Worksheets("Line Update").Range("F6")
End If

That way, the fourth filter only gets applied when that "rare occasion" happens.

Upvote 0
Solution
Kevin, I can try this, is there a way to autofilter again if there is more than one line showing after the filters are applied?

Upvote 0
Kevin, I can try this, is there a way to autofilter again if there is more than one line showing after the filters are applied?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're asking. Could you provide some before-and-after samples of data to explain what you mean?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back