Need to bold last name in directory-possible in formula?

lburg801

Here is the formula. There are singles, couples shareing same last name, and couples with different last names. In the formula G is the ;ast name and need to be in bold, before mail merege. Is there a way for this to be done?

=IF(ISBLANK(J2),G2&", "&F2,IF(J2=G2,G2&", "&F2&" and "&I2,J2&", "&G2&" and "&I2&" "&J2))

Thank you,
Trudy

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Tom Urtis

MrExcel MVP
Sorry, individual character formatting for values returned by formulas, while the cell contains the formula, is not possible. The returned value would need to be a constant (such as being copied and pasted over as a value) for your request to be do-able.

lburg801

Tom Urtis said:
Sorry, individual character formatting for values returned by formulas, while the cell contains the formula, is not possible. The returned value would need to be a constant (such as being copied and pasted over as a value) for your request to be do-able.

Thank you. Alas, I shall struggle on, always knowing that the greatest part of my problem is that I know very little about what I am doing! :confused:

tusharm

MrExcel MVP
The simple solution is to put the last name in a cell by itself and the rest of the formula result in the adjacent cell. Bold the first cell and format the 2 to look like a single cell.

lburg801 said:
Tom Urtis said:

Thank you. Alas, I shall struggle on, always knowing that the greatest part of my problem is that I know very little about what I am doing! :confused:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klig