Need to calculate start and end dates based upon number of days (some sort of gantt)

mpatino

Board Regular
Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me put a VBA together that will help me calculate start and end dates based on total number of days of certain training topics, this is an example of my spreadsheet, just as a side note, I will be providing the first start date, but then want all the other dates to be calculated automatically, I would also need to exclude weekends (Sat and Sun).

ABCDEFGHIJK
1MilestoneTaskOwnerBackupHours required to completeStart DateEnd DatePre-Req% CompletedStatusComments
2Knowledge transfer1JuniorAnita605/01/2014
3Knowledge transfer2JuniorAnita4
4Knowledge transfer3JuniorAnita8
5Knowledge transfer4JuniorAnita7
6Knowledge transfer5JuniorAnita5Need to calculate end date based upon E8 results
7Total hrs30
8Total daysExisting Formula =roundup((E7/8),0) = 4 days
9Knowledge transfer6LouiseMark8Need to calculate start date based upon G6 results
10Knowledge transfer7LouiseMark2
11Knowledge transfer8LouiseMark4
12Knowledge transfer9LouiseMark6
13Knowledge transfer10LouiseMark30
14Knowledge transfer11LouiseMark9Need to calculate end date based upon E16 results
15Total hrs59
16Total daysExisting Formula =roundup((E45/8),0) = 8 days

<tbody>
</tbody>

I hope this makes sense.

thank you,

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I've have a look at your data and come up with a formula based solution - download file on link

Download Calculate date based on start date.xlsx from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

In the two right most column there is are formulas showing the day of the week inline to the dates and I noted in your example data above 05/01/14 is a Sunday I assume that was an error as you say you wanted to exclude Saturdays and Sundays :)

If you want to keep the formulas relative you will have to insert and delete lines as necessary to build the timetable .

Cheers see what you think while you wait for a VBA expert to jump in !!!

Upvote 0
I've have a look at your data and come up with a formula based solution - download file on link ...
I haven't looked at the link but could you post any formulas, code or screen shots directly here?

Are you aware of #7 of the Forum Rules, especially paragraphs 3 & 4?

Upvote 0
hey this formula works really good, I had to copied and paste and modify the cell number, but I was able to accomplished exactly what I needed. Thanks a lot for your time helping me out here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laamiejbrown

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back