need to debug a little macros.

Mehman

Is there anyone who can debug the macros in the attached .xlsm file.

The professional can easily correct the mistake. I'm not able to do that.

The process:
It is a simple VIN Decoder. I load the list of VIN numbers of cars, and it shows me information about the cars.

The Problem:
Validate VIN - works good.
Decode VIN - returns 'Run-time error 1004'

i need it to work.

The link for macros is the next: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/10f/aec57/Online_VIN_Decoder.xlsm
The link for pdf is the next: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/10f/aec57/Online_VIN_Decoder.pdf

The files have been checked and don't have any viruses!

Who can help me?

Waiting your replies.

Thank you,

M.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hello everyone,

Sending you a cut from PDF:

The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is a unique serial number that identifies every automobilemanufactured from 1981 on to today. Prior to 1981, there was no accepted standard for these numbers,
so different manufacturers used different formats. Since 1981, VINs consist of 17 characters which donot include the letters I (i), O (o), or Q (q) (to avoid confusion with numerals 1 and 0).

The VIN serves as aserial number that contains information about the vehicle manufacturer, where the vehicle wasmanufactured, the manufacture year, and etc.Although there are several websites that allow you to decode a VIN, none of the websites allow you toenter a list of VINs and have that list decoded. Dr. Snow of the Supply Chain department needed todecode over 250,000 VINs and it would take him a very long time to enter each one into a website, haveit decode the VIN, copy the information, then sort it.

Since the information to write a VIN decoder is not easily available I wrote a program that reads a textfile that contains multiple VINs, validates the VINs and uses a website (Universal VIN Decoder - Decode This VIN Decoder) todecode the VIN. Once the VIN is decoded this information is downloaded and summarized. Once the listof VINs has been decoded the user can use a form to build a custom list of VINs and decodedinformation given the make, model, year, trim level, manufacture location, body style, engine type, anddrive line.

So Macros in this excel are not working. It used to work before, but not working now. I can't determine a problem, because I am not clear with vb.

Can anyone fix the Macro?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back