Need to identify change in data from one week to the next

creehatch

Good Evening!

I produce a weekly report from a Seibel based database dump that shows sales results for a few hundred employees. Each sale is entered into the database with a unique Opportunity ID#. The Opportunity ID can include several different products. The database report breaks out the results by product, so the same Opportunity ID can appear on multiple rows if more than one type of product was sold on a given sale.

I need to be able to identify changes to a sale ($ amount, sales stage etc...) from one week to the next. The data is always formatted the same way. Is there a query in Access that will highlight the changes from the previous week by comparing each week's report?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! :biggrin:

Crystal

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi Crystal
Is this for Access or Excel? I noticed you posted the same question in the Excel forum. If it is Access, how is the data stored in Access? For example is each week in a different table? Or are all sales records in the one table but you can differentiate between weeks based on a field within that table? What are the fields contained within the data dump?
Andrew

Upvote 0
It can be in Access or in Excel

I currently use Excel but I was told that Access had this functionality.

Yes, each week would be in a different table. I would like to find a way to bump last week's and this week's table up against each other and identify any changes made to products, dollar amount etc for each Opportunity ID.

The fields would be - Opportunity ID (primary key), product, sale value, probability percentage, committed month.

Thanks!

Crystal

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back