New to excel - Appreciate guidance

trendfriendpa

I would like to set up an excel spreadsheet for stock trading where a form will ask for input for:

Stock Symbol
Trade Type
Entry price
Quantity

That information will populated specific columns in the spreadsheet and the stock symbol also will be inserted between quotes in the Bid Ask formulas in the respective columns.
When entered a line is added to the spreadsheet with the information populating specific columns and formulas.
What do I need to set up to accomplish this goal and in what order.
Seems I am confusing vba, database, forms, macros, etc.

The sheet headers for columns are:

Stock symbol (populate from input form)

Type Order (BC BP SC SP populate from input form)

Quantity (populate from input form)

Entry price (populate from input form)

Exit price (manual input)

Bid (formula in column with double quotes where symbol from input form is inserted between quotes)

Ask (formula in column with double quotes where symbol from input form is inserted between quotes)

Profit/Loss - formula in column calculates using information populated in other columns

I have attached a spreadsheet currently being used but can’t be modified as creator is no longer around.

Thank you for starting me off in the right direction.
7F2F9F35-B125-4097-8077-53E3259CD8B1.jpeg

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi,

You seem to be currently using this workbook ...

What is preventing you from modifying it ?

Upvote 0
I would like to be able to have a form open that I can populate with starting trade information which will than create a new line on the sheet rather than having to insert a line, copy current line/paste into new line, do find/replace and get old line information and new line information then find all.

The current form has two more columns for trading entries/exits for shorts - one pair was for long trades and the other pair for short trades.

I would like to have only 2 columns vs 4 columns for entry/exit and the profit column will use formula to calculate the profit while in the trade.

I use this as a watchlist of stocks i may enter a trade without having 16 charts to be looking at as the excel sheet is being feed real time data.

Currently when put in trade type for shorts it blackens out the short column pair for the trade.

Upvote 0
1574556939710.png

Row 8

I wrote this code but it does not give the right calculation results

=D8*IF(OR(C8="BC",C8="BP",C8="SC",,C8="SP"),(G8-F8),(F8-I8)-(E8/100))
if SC or SP subtract I8 from F8 --
so if F8 is .89 and I8 is .72 the difference should be .07 (D=1000; E8 = 890 / 100 =

the same code is used when the trade is closed except it references the exit price (G8) vs the Ask Price (I8) while trade is still open
=D8*IF(OR(C8="BC",C8="BP",C8="SC",,C8="SP"),(G8-F8),(F8-G8)-(E8/100))

D8 = 1000; E8 = 890.00
1574556939710.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syzer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back