New Wookbooks from worksheet data

bestie429

Hi, I have been all over this forum and found many almost solutions, but haven't quite cracked it.

I have a worksheet with data, and a template in sheet 2 - I want to run a macro that takes data from a row, populates the template and then saves the template as a new workbook.

I have a worksheet listing the days of a month 1st through 31st and for each date two times. assume this format.

Column A - date (dd/mm/yyyy), Column b - time1 (hh:mm), column c - time 2 (hh:mm). This workbook is saved as c:\Jan_11

I also have in this workbook a template in sheet 2, in this template I want to paste date as C3, time 1 as c5 and time 2 as c7.

I want the macro to save this as a new workbook called 1 Jan 11 etc continuing for each day or row of the datasheet.

End result one data sheet turns into 31 separate daily workbooks with the date and time populated in the template form.

Using information found on forums I have come close to getting parts of this to run using sample data but changing the data to dates seems to change everything as well. Now I'm just totally confused.

Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

jbeaucaire

'FILL OUT A TEMPLATE AND SAVE AS SEPARATE WORKBOOKS

I have a macro that may be "ready to use" for filling in a template using row data from a master data sheet.

The page includes a sample file. The parts you would need to edit and expand for your actual file are colored on the site to draw attention to that code.

bestie429

That works perfectly, thank you.
Had to change the dates to text to save as workbooks but otherwise worked exactly as required.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheshe123

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...