New Wookbooks from worksheet data

bestie429

Hi, I have been all over this forum and found many almost solutions, but haven't quite cracked it.

I have a worksheet with data, and a template in sheet 2 - I want to run a macro that takes data from a row, populates the template and then saves the template as a new workbook.

I have a worksheet listing the days of a month 1st through 31st and for each date two times. assume this format.

Column A - date (dd/mm/yyyy), Column b - time1 (hh:mm), column c - time 2 (hh:mm). This workbook is saved as c:\Jan_11

I also have in this workbook a template in sheet 2, in this template I want to paste date as C3, time 1 as c5 and time 2 as c7.

I want the macro to save this as a new workbook called 1 Jan 11 etc continuing for each day or row of the datasheet.

End result one data sheet turns into 31 separate daily workbooks with the date and time populated in the template form.

Using information found on forums I have come close to getting parts of this to run using sample data but changing the data to dates seems to change everything as well. Now I'm just totally confused.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
'FILL OUT A TEMPLATE AND SAVE AS SEPARATE WORKBOOKS

I have a macro that may be "ready to use" for filling in a template using row data from a master data sheet.

The page includes a sample file. The parts you would need to edit and expand for your actual file are colored on the site to draw attention to that code.

Upvote 0
That works perfectly, thank you.
Had to change the dates to text to save as workbooks but otherwise worked exactly as required.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back