New Worksheet for new Input

superg

Hi Guys I have setup a table where I will be entering data about a certain item. What I want to be able to do is once all of the table is filled i want to be able to transfer this data to a new worksheet and start filling the same table out with another item. I want to make this user friendly so I dont want to have to keep going to copy worksheet everytime I want to enter new data into the table but keep the old data as well, any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Save the empty file after formatting as a template. Use the template to open new workbooks.

Upvote 0
But if i save it as a template i cant open it in a new sheet in the same file, what would be the best option is if i could make a button on the sheet which tells it to clear the data in certain cells and then copy the clear table into the next worksheet, thanks.

Upvote 0
you can crwate a sheet template also. See Excel's help on 'sheet template'. Insert|Worksheet command will use the default sheet template created by you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back