*Newbie* to MS Excel - Multiple formulas in on Cell

alanquach

Hello Esteemed MS Excel Professionals!

I want to help my store manager come up with tracking workbook for staff pays.
But because of a few different scenarios that can occur in a given day I am stuggling to find the right formula(s) to use.
I have spent days writing different formulas and reading up on the internet but I am never able to achieve the desried results; only partial.

Objective:
To track staff pays

Considerations:
1. There are a total of 10 staff but not all work on the same day. We are rostered. Contract work so you get paid if you are rostered.
2. Staff are guarantee $150 p/day ie if their sales is $100 then the business will topup their daily earnings $50.00 for a total of $150.
3. If they earn $150 or $150+ then, the business does not topup.

I have shown below a sample of the table I am using for illustrating.
  • I have used for the row Pay the formula=SUMIFS(February!$M$2:$M$501,February!$D$2:$D$501,$A$4,February!$B$2:$B$501,C3)
The formula is reading off another worksheet in the same workbook to display in the current worksheet/table
The formular is designed to perform a sum of all amounts for specific to the individual staffs name/criteria​

• I have used for row Guarantee I used =IF(SUM(C3)=0,"",IF(SUM(C3)<=150,150-(SUM(C3)),""))

The problem I have is for row Guarantee. The formula I am currently using works but the problem I have is that it is inserting $150.00 into the days that people are not rostered. I realise the formula is just doing what it is being instructed so I am just thinking of how can I solve the problem where the 'Guarantee' formula only applies when someone is working.

I thought perhaps if there was a way to make the Pay formula insert a text such as 'NW' (for not working) and then write a formula for row Guarantee to skip all cells with an NA ie leave the cell blank.

So in the example table below it would look like

1ABCDEF
2TherapistMonthFebruary
DayWedTHFriSat
Date1234
3JamesGuarantee $20.00$150.00
Pay$150.00$130.00$0.00NA

<colgroup><col><col><col><col span="3"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Beyond giving my manager a hand. I am really interested in this myself as I feel this is a great tool learning more of.
Oh and i know probably my formulas are quite ugly and that there are proabbly simpler and cleaner ways of writing, but I am new at this so I want to apologies to anyone in advance whom i my offend with my newbie understanding.

Any help would be most sincerely appreciated.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
1ABCDEF
2TherapistMonthFeb
3DayWedThuFriSat
4Date1234
5JamesGuarantee$20.00$150.00
6Pay$150.00$130.00$0.00NA

<tbody>
</tbody>

Apologies it seems the table in the original post went all weird on me after posting/submitting the question.

Upvote 0
I'm a bit confused by the formula

Code:
=IF(SUM(C3)=0,"",IF(SUM(C3)<=150,150-(SUM(C3)),""))

C3 is a day number, and I'm guessing will never get to 150 ????

and the above formula can be

Code:
=IF(C3<=150,150-C3,"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back