office 2003 works better than office 2007

EDUCATED MONKEY

Board Regular
The pc that is affected is running xp home and office 2007 ie8
I am up dating that data relating to a list of ISBN’s via the internet, and using two pc’s to do this as there are some 6.9 million of them each pc processes about 28 000 per day.
And running exactly the same excel work book just different list.
The pc that is running xp professional and office 2003 work perfectly and never stops till it runs out of data
However the pc running the newer version of office crashes after about 2700 iterations with various errors which are total random and upon investigation there seems nothing wrong and the cycle can be restarted from where it left off processing the so called faulty data with perfect results until a further 2700 iterations have taken place
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I am wondering if there are some settings I need to alter in office 2007 to prevent the error taking place
I have looked but i am unable to see anything that could possible the cause, I have also swapped the list around so that each pc was processing the alternative and again the problem only existed on the office 2007 pc and the other pc carried on as normal

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back