On print function, need vba compatible paintbrush alternative/image resizer/print spooler, vba code for excel to save picture to separate file.

Demosthenes&Locke

Board Regular
Ok, here goes.

I've got a workbook, in it are several pages that a person fills out within excel. It is necessary to include pictures, sometimes scanned documents into this workbook. I want to be able to make a "Print workbook" button at the beginning of the workbook that automatically selects and sets the appropriate print area for each page, then prints each page in the correct order.

I know how to script the page set up for each of the spreadsheet pages, but I want to be able to make it use an external program to resize the images to fit a single page of either letter or 11x17 size.

I am not above using an external program to open the image, resize it, and print it, then close it, and start printing the next group of excel pages. I even thought of having it copy the picture to clipboard and open paint, paste, then print it, but paint isn't that good at resizing the image without cropping it, nor am I aware of how to make paint do everything I need it to through excel vbscript.

If there were a way to make excel save an image pasted from the clipboard to a separate file, show the image from that file in a frame or something, run an external program to shrink/stretch the image to the right size based on a button on the excel page, and still print it through excel without it losing all the quality by dropping to lower DPI, that would be the optimum way for me to go.

If anyone has heard of a command line based program that can take an image from clipboard and resize it automatically please let me know.

If it doesn't sound like a good idea to control these actions through excel, I am not above creating a separate vbs file to take control of the situation, print each page as needed using whatever program needed, but I would still need to know how to make it control excel and select the print area and page setup for each worksheet.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChipDude83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back