One formula for lots of data

BeerBeer101

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
alright, I've never done this one - but I'm sure there's an easy formula versus thousands of the same one.

Source sheet: updates weekly - it's colums A-F wide - data after headers starts row 3 and is anywhere from 4,000 to 5500 rows long
target sheet - starts A2

so there's is there a formula for A2 to bring the source data into the target sheet per cell (as opposed to =sourcesheeta2 copied right and down for let's say 30,000 formulas?
thanks - this group is always amazing!

In that case clear all the cells in cols A:F from row 2 down & put the formula back in A2 only
OK... one more hitch (noted above - but not clear)
the target sheet is a table - so i still get the #SPILL!. when I do it on a plain sheet - no problem - but i need this as a table. further thoughts? thanks so far...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
You cannot use spill ranges in a table. Either use it in a normal range (IMO the best option) or use a separate formula in each & every cell.

Upvote 0
You cannot use spill ranges in a table. Either use it in a normal range (IMO the best option) or use a separate formula in each & every cell.
OK, so it won't work in a table (I need to table to further extract the data to many other tabs within the sheet. using a seperate formula makes the filesize of the sheet larger - but gets the job done

Upvote 0
You can extract the data to other tabs regardless of whether it's in a table or not.

Upvote 0
You can extract the data to other tabs regardless of whether it's in a table or not.
I understand that - but that would mean rewriting the rest of the sheet for this one quick fix... so i'll leave it at that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back