One master sheet to have same data on multiple sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

685villa

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2016
  4. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
What I want to do:

I have a workbook with a master sheet of names (40ish people) and I want these names on 30ish other sheets. The master sheet names will occasionally change as company staffing changes.
for the master sheet, I would want just 3 columns of info pulled onto other sheets. However, each sheet will have a rather large set of data in a lot of columns.
Then would I create a master table (on master sheet) with a lot of empty columns and have a VLOOKUP only on the first 3 columns of the master table then have each sheet's table only referencing/looking up the respective first 3 columns from the master sheet?

I still would like to have the ability of filtering each table (via the first 3 columns) on each subsequent table on the other sheets.
I have a lot of example formulas, but they're not compatible with the changing info of the first 3 columns on a master sheet. I am wanting to aleviate the need to edit the first 3 columns of info on each sheet individually, or copy/paste/transpose on the other sheets from the master sheet.

I am looking at creating a single one-stop-shop for all info pertaining to my company since I have A LOT of info to track for each person (ergo the multiple other sheets).
Or do I just copy 3 columns of info and paste the link onto the first 3 columns' tables in the other sheets?

Thanks a lot!
-V

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back