One sheet from one workbook to another workbook

UserHelen

Oh please help
I have 12 workbooks that are used by different people in different offices that all report to the same manager and that manager wants to be able to open up one workbook to see all the summary sheets from each of the 12 workbooks. And I'm having issues getting the codes posted for other people doing this same thing to work for me. I admit that I'm a newbie; I know just enough to get myself in trouble, haha. I was able to create the workbooks for the users but getting a macro to copy and paste sheets seems to be out of my league. :confused:

All the workbooks will be hosted in the same folder on the same server so getting the file path will not be an issue but for example it will be something like R:\Finance\Expense Tracker Project\Expense Trackers\Bellevue Expense Tracker.xlsm

Workbook to copy from = Bellevue Expense Tracker.xlsm
Worksheet to copy= Bellevue Summary
Workbook to copy to= Manager Expense Tracker.xlsm
Worksheet to copy to= Bellevue Summary

The workbooks and worksheets are all password protected to keep users from messing stuff up; users only input data on the first sheet of each book and then they click the macro button to run the macro that does all of the calculations and puts everything where it needs to be. The macro for each of the 12 workbooks does all the calculations with formulas on the Site Summary sheet so the code would need to paste the actual cell values. Oh and all of the workbooks will be closed when the manager opens the summary workbook.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I always prefer creating database (say, Access or SQL Server) rather than messing with "shared" workbooks. May be you should go in this direction?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back