open image from within Excel

gunnars

I´ve made a link to a image file in my Excel Document. The document is a file a scanned and is 2 pages. When I click the link in Excel, the image always open in MS Paint but I want it to open in MS Imaging. I´ve changed the default program for bitmap images, but it´s still the same. Is there a way to change this? The reason for I want to open the image in MS Imaging is that the document is two scanned pages. Imaging displays both pages, but MS Paint only one.
Can you help me?

yeah I have in A3 a file location
C:\Users\TOPHERPUSA\Desktop\ZINES\25 websites\Business Card Website\Biz Ads\Buz Ads (1)\Wolfgang Puck (3).JPG

Usually I write in cell B3 this:
=HYPERLINK("file:\\\" & A733,A733)

That works to open music media in MediaMonkey, and Word documents in MS Word.

But I can't get the .JPG files to open
I get this message

http://www.flickr.com/photos/portlock/5480265467/

(link to a picture of the message is above)

I don't know if it's an excel problem or a windows operating system problem or I don't have the right program or something.

I'm thinking though maybe there's some way I could add an "Open With" command to the Hyperlink Equation.
And I honestly wouldn't care if it did open in paint, at least it would be visible.
But Microsoft Office Picture Manager would be ideal, FastStone Image Viewer, or Windows Live Photo Gallery would be the 3 most preferable programs to view the photos.

Help if you can! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Portable Buildings, Storage Sheds, Out Buildings, Cabins, Barns, Double Wide Garages, and Rent to Own.

Portable buildings manufacturer, quality portable buildings sales, rent to own out buildings, storage sheds, and portable unit buildings, cabins, garages, double-wide homes, utility sheds, barns, loft cabins, and child playhouses.

Upvote 0
Same problem with Excel and pictures linking with hyperlink. It always open picture with Internet Explorer. Is there any solution? I want that picture is opened with some picture watching program!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back