Open Report to Current Month's Data

Lamda

Hey All,

So I have a report that has a rolling 12 months worth of data. It currently just opens up with all the data showing, the slicers show all, etc. I have a request to see if it can be opened up to the most current months worth of data. Is there a way to filter the slicer automatically to show the most recent worths data? I could obviously open the file and manually do it but this will go on a share site and let it autorun itself so i'm trying to figure out a way to do this.
So any suggestions on how to have my file open up filtered to the most current months worth of data?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
In your calendar table, you need a column that identifies the current month. Typically you will have a month column like YYMM. Then you could write a calc column that uses today() to identify the current month, and based on that you can create a column that has YYMM for all other months other than "current month". Every month that you refresh the data, the "current month" label moves to the next month based on the formula. Because the "current month" label is always in the slicer, it will remain selected. Does that make any sense?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back