Paper Size

Anstrahan1

Hello,

I am trying to print onto 4x6 postcards, but the only preset closest appears to be 3x5, and Ill work with that.

Whenever I try to print them out, they are not coming out in the 3x5 size. I am currently working in page layout mode that has rulers showing how big my work piece should be but when it prints out it is not correct.

I am working at a work computer that does not have word so please dont tell me to merge mail anything into word. Excel and Word Pad are my only options and I feel if I make a template in Excel, things will be smooth rolling. I just gotta get this thing to print properly.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Welcome to the board.

but when it prints out it is not correct.

Excel is not a CAD program, and office printers are not plotters -- they are not precise dimensionally. You should be able to use some combination of plot scaling, row heights, and column widths to get the dimensions close.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have used the method shg described for positioning cells in your spreadsheet layout by adjusting row heights and column widths. It works well for one-at-a-time jobs or for low-volume print jobs. As far as using a page size in Excel, I ran across a page size in Excel 2007 called "Japanese Postcard" that is 4.93 x 5.93 that you might try as a usable starting size.

You didn't indicate how many cells make up each "card", or in what layout you now have your data, so it's hard to help you design your print layout.

One hint for how I have done this: If you have a spreadsheet full of data, and you need only a few cells from each record to print on your cards, design the print layout on a separate sheet and on the new page, refer to each cell you wish to print by using, for example, =Sheet1!B2

You can repeat that process as many times as needed on the "print" layout, and for as many cards as you wish to print at one time.

I hope this gives you some ideas you can use!

Upvote 0
What version of Excel do you use? My Excel 2010 has a paper size of "10 x 15 cm (4 x 6 in) 10.16 cm x 15.24 cm"[sic].

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back