Pasting Excel data into specific places of Word documents

kirov

Hello,

First post here,

I am a bit of a newbie with Excel / VBA but very passionate about this since a lot of stress can be relieved and time saved, but all the information I can find by extensive google and youtube searches doesnt seem to nail it..... Please help :(

My occupation and that of my colleagues is to read customer queries, analyse them and answer to them accordingly. Some answers need to have specific information pasted into specific fields, corresponding to data already populated in an excel sheet.

I can't find any instructions on how to order the excel information from cell "xy" to be pasted into the field "Address 1", while conserving pre-existing formatting. Also, the ability to populate a table cell within word in the same way. Then paste the Excel data from the next cell on the same row, etc, so each row corresponds to a template being completely filled out.

Around 30 hours a week for the whole team, which can't keep up with the work, could be saved with something like this. Maybe a wizard to populate the excel sheet while browsing through the letter and third party software would be ideal, but that's for another time. Please help with any insight and/or suggestions.

Yours truly,

Kirov

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back