Percentage calculation

rosner

Hello all out there,

I am new here and have an important question about Excel. I am a basic user and know some stuff about Excel, but couldn't find any info on how to calculate percentages.

What I want to do precisely is following: I want to introduce different values into an Excel file and need Excel to calculate automatically a sum depending on a percentage(%) value. For example, that Excel calculates 160% on any sum between 50-499,180% on any sum between 500-4999 and 200% on any sum between 5000-unlimited! These sums will be in the same column so Excel needs to analyze the sum and automatically calculate the % or preferably even the sum & percentage on top.

Hope you get what I mean and I am gratefull for any support.

Regards to all

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
your formula would work but you would have to reverse the numbers, searching from high to low, this is because of the value was 5000 you would want it to do the last part of you formula but as the value 5000 is greater than 50 the first part of your formula would evaluate to true so would stop there. but essentially yes it would

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afua

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back